Wednesday, December 19, 2007

So AWKWARD!!!


So... Christina's sister Rachelle is living with us right now. There was a singles Christmas party last Saturday night. I would never, in my right mind, choose to go to a function such as this one, but Rachelle asked me to go with her. SO, I decided to be brave and go (still not sure what I was thinking). We get there...45 minutes late...and there was a wide variety of ages...many of them were old. What?! I was not expecting that! We finally find a table off in the very corner by one of the main trash cans. How nice, right? We stand next to the table for a while, feeling very awkward and not knowing what to do. At one point, this guy walks over, introduces himself, and shakes my hand...nearly crushing my fingers to the point of breaking. To paint a picture of the group of people who showed up...lots of girls, really old guys, a few cute and normal guys, and the rest were just weird or creepy. I will NEVER go to another function again that includes the word "singles." I don't care how desperate I am to meet someone.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha! ALL singles dances are awkward... but sounds like you went to an extra awkward one... but look how cute you look! I like the shirt! You look gorgeous!

Rachel said...

That is one of the problems...it was not a dance! So, there wasn't really a whole lot to do except stand awkwardly!

Lindsay said...

really, you should have just started dancing rach! i know you can bust a move =) That is too funny, yes those single things can be really fun to go to, or really boring, looks like it was the latter for you, sorry! But i bet that guys were sure glad you went (hopefully not the older guys, although i am sure they thought so too)