Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So...I have been really really bad about posting. In my defense, however, I don't take pictures of every dinner or minor event in my life because, quite frankly, I don't think I would ever remember to do that. So...here are a few things I have been up to. The first few pictures are a historic moment in my life...my first black eye ever! That's right. I was nannying, and I picked Reece up over my head. I wasn't holding her right underneath her arms, and she collapsed the top half of her body...her head came crashing down and her forehead made direct contact with the bone under my eye. Instantly, I had a massive bump and I thought I was dying...then, within an hour, it started turning blue and continued to get worse as the days went by. It was kind of interesting...but sucky at the same time!






Just hanging out at Breaking New Grounds...with some live music and family and friends. We were playing Pinochle and I was eating a delicious scone and drinking a chai! I love moments like this!
TASTY!!!!

Makenna and me at Sequoia...my family was playing tennis...I ran about 4 miles around the track instead. Then, I just played with Makenna. She is so stinkin' cute...and getting so big.
We went to Santa Rosa for Easter because Elijah and Christina had Makenna dedicated at her dad's church there. It was a fast trip, but fun. Makenna is getting so big, and she is so beautiful!
The road trip back home from Santa Rosa...I was simply documenting that I was in the car. Hannah was oblivious I was taking our picture! HeHe!!!
I decided to become a mountain biker. I went with my dad, and Zach Winter and his dad. I don't know if you remember Zach...we went to high school with him. I have known him practically my whole life...family friends. Anyway, I had a blast, but I have an enormous bruise on my leg (I will spare you from having to see that). I accidently ran into a tree that was in the dirt wall right next to me and almost rolled down a large embankment into the water down below. I thought I was going to die, but thankfully, I was okay. I think we are going to start going every weekend...it is so much fun. Scary, but fun!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

you updated your blog!! I am so excited!!! Mountaineer huh? wow you were always crazy =) I remember when you biked all the way to our house!! I thought you were crazy, now scary embankments!! rachel i want you alive!

Lindsay said...

you look beautiful by the way!!! However you are always beautiful!! Miss you rach, can't wait to see you soon!

Lindsay said...

by the way that black eye looks terrible and painful!

Rachel said...

It hurt pretty bad for the first couple of days, then it just started to look bad. It was kind of fun though...I've never had a black eye before. I miss you. Are you getting really excited for the big day?

Ashley said...

Hey Rach!!! Yes for more pictures!!! That black eye is awesome!!! I've never had one but always thought it would be cool to have one. I bet it hurt though.. but you look hardcore. You fell down into the water mountain biking? Rach, i thought i got hurt a lot... but you are sure beating me! Haha, i miss you tons!! I love the pictures and can't believe how big makenna is getting!! She is beautiful. Wish i could come down for linds' reception! Love ya girl!

Ashley said...

oh and i totally remember zach winter, he was in my math class. Nice to know you are still running! Hey, what's your advice on how to gain more endurance so you can run longer?

Brittany said...

Wow that black eye looks bad! That sounds very painful. It sounds like you are keeping really busy doing mountain biking. Hope your eye heals fast! Your niece is beautiful. I miss you!

Rachel said...

First of all Ash...I didn't actually fall all the way down the embankment...so no water for me. I am glad to hear that I am enduring more injuries than you...I am beating you at something. Hehe... As far as running goes, I don't know what to tell you. Some people just have it, and you must not (just kidding). I go to the gym 4 days a week, and I only run 3-3.75 miles three of those days. The fourth day, I try to run about 7. Really, the only way to gain endurance is to consistently run...at least 3 to 4 days a week. I would try to at least run 3 or 4 miles. I don't have enough time to run more than that cuz I lift weights too. Anyway, I wish you were here so we could run together. That would be fun.

Rachel said...

Oh ya...and Ash, you have to push through sometimes. It is almost always a battle in my mind. I convince myself that I am not actually dying, and that I can continue to run longer. It really is mind over matter. Also, the first two miles are usually horrible, but if you can make it to 2 or 2.5, it usually starts to feel way easier at that point. It is just getting to that point sometimes that is difficult!

Ashley said...

thanks rach!!! i've finally reached the five mile marker!!! And i'm so proud of myself! I find it helps a ton to listen to music. I agree, the first couple miles are awful and i just feel like walking. I wish i was there so we could run together too, that would be awesome! Miss ya girl!