Saturday, January 29, 2011

Come Alive

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
  Howard Thurman 
 
       This is the philosophy I have decided to live by. If we do not do things in life that make us come alive, then we are not living life to our fullest potential and those around us do not get the very best of who we are. I come alive when I am teaching, running, singing and playing the piano, and spending time with friends and family. I am happiest when I am doing these things. My world lights up. My goal during this next year is to start writing music again. I have a passion for writing and singing, and I greatly enjoy playing the piano. I want to live passionately and live how God wants me to live. God makes me come alive and has instilled these passions in my heart.  I am thankful for this season that I am in right now. I am happy and feel more alive than I have in years.


       So I challenge you to do what makes you come alive. Go after your dreams and don't be afraid to follow your heart. You deserve to be happy and healthy.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

im thinking slurpees and chocolate don't count as things that make me come alive???

Rachel said...

I totally think they count!!!