Thursday, June 2, 2011

Worth the Wait

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.”

 

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.


So...I thought that I would blog about my journey to finding my husband! I am feeling that I am going to meet him very soon (this summer, maybe?!). 

 

Back to the beginning: When I was a little girl, I began to pray that I would only begin dating when I met my husband. From a very young age, God put in my heart a deep sense of purity. I knew that He was going to protect me and keep me pure. I never wanted to be one of those girls who simply dated numerous guys. Beyond dating, I didn't ever want to start a relationship unless I knew that the guy was my future husband. Throughout my life, God has definitely kept His promises to me. The result, at times, was the enemy sneaking in and speaking lies to me. These lies were always in the form of, "You are not good enough," or "No guy is ever going to be or ever has been interested in you," or "There must be something wrong with you."  When I was in a low point emotionally, there were times that I would believe these lies. Most of the time I was strong; however, as I got older, it became harder to not believe that there was something wrong with me. All of my friends, including my sister, dated frequently (or at least semi frequently and guys at the minimum showed interest in them). I felt left out and somehow inferior.  By the time I graduated college, I was at a loss. 

 

Over the last few years, I have been on a journey of getting healthy (both emotionally and physically). I have grown leaps and bounds in who I am and KNOWING who I am. I feel confident in myself, and I feel as though I am, for the first time in my life, READY to get married. I feel ready to meet the man of my dreams...the man that God has been preparing for me. I am ready to settle down and begin the rest of my life with someone beside me to share in the joy and adventure every step of the way. I have led a pure and honorable life, and I know that God has prepared only the best for me! I know that a man who is honorable, loving, sweet, respectful, and nothing short of amazing is waiting and ready for me.


This brings me to...my first date!

First date: At 25, I am going on my first date ever!!! I am SO excited and yet really nervous all at the same time! I feel as though I have waited my whole life to meet someone. Even if this date goes no where beyond friendship, or even just beyond the date, I am excited to start the process of meeting my husband. I know that I am going to meet my husband soon. Whether he will be the guy I am going on my first date with, or someone I have yet to meet, I know it is going to be great! A whole lot of firsts are coming up and that is so new and exciting for me!

 



This song is a song that I wrote about 3 or 4 years ago. I was feeling as though my life was not very interesting and that I didn't have a story to tell others. God began speaking to me, and this song is the result. It is for my future husband, but I sing it as an encouragement that I WILL meet that perfect person for me! (I apologize for the quality of the video...it is not very good because it is only me on the piano and recorded with my Mac).  I would love to sing this at my wedding someday, but there is NO way I could make it through a song like this on my wedding day! Enjoy.






So...there you have it. I will continue to post my journey of finding the MAN OF MY DREAMS! I know that he will be amazing, and I am ready whenever God decides it is the perfect time! For now, I will just have fun dating and see where life takes me!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love love the song! I wish you had all of it. It is beautiful! I loved this post. You are so strong and I am so thankful you shared that. I know you will find Mr. Right soon...and he is going to be so incredible lucky to have you in his life!

Brittany said...

I meant incredibly*