Saturday, September 12, 2009

Health update

So, I thought I would just give you an update on my health. I have not been doing well lately, but I know (or am clinging to a hope that) they will find out what is wrong and hopefully fix the issue. I just found out that the neurologist will be able to get me in sooner than February 1! That was good news. I have not made the appt yet because they just left a message and I haven't been able to get ahold of them yet. I have a sleep deprivation EEG scheduled for Sept. 28. This is a little scary because it is a test that they use to find out scary stuff! If they find something in this, then what I have is not good. It also stinks because I have to get a sub for that day (which I REALLY did NOT want to do!!!) Also, it will completely jack up my entire week because it is on a Monday. I have to not sleep for 24 hours (so I have to be up by 8:30 on Sunday and have someone drive me the next day because I will have not slept) before the test. Crazy! I have never heard of such a test.

I also talked to the mom of one of my tutoring students who is a nurse. She told me that she has 2 patients who are about my age and have very similar symptoms to me. Then she informed me that both of them have MS!!! What?! I had never even thought that what is wrong with me could potentially be something as scary and dumb as that! Anyway, then I made the mistake of looking up MS online because I don't know much about it other than it is not good. SO many of the symptoms are exactly what happens to me. I am trying to not go there. I don't know that this is what I have...and it could be a simple fix. So, that is the update! I still do not know anything, and I have lots of doctor stuff in my near future.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Oooh scary rach. Im so sorry you have to deal with all this right now and i hope they can find out the problem real soon. I love you and will keep praying for you! Keeping laughing and being strong!

Lindsay said...

Oh so scary, I hope they find out soon what on earth is wrong and that they will fix the problem like that. Keep me posted, good luck on everything, I love the pitiful knee picture =)

Brittany said...

Please keep us updated. I am so so sorry you are having so many health problems. I really hope it is nothing serious! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.